At Orlando Resort Lifestyle, we specialize in residential and vacation homes in the greater Orlando area. One of our favorite areas for homebuyers in the current market is Winter Garden. In the past decade, Winter Garden has completely transformed from a more rural geography to a fully developed suburb of Orlando with tons of things for locals to do.
With the addition of Winter Garden Village, residents no longer have to travel far for restaurants and shopping, and the downtown area is a locals’ paradise! Plant Street is flanked with independent bars, restaurants and specialty stores, and is located right on the West Orange Trail, if you’re up for some exercise!
Our favorite part about Winter Garden is the small town feel and local charm. There is no better way to support local vendors and enjoy Winter Garden’s unique culture than at the Winter Garden Farmers Market on Saturday afternoons. It’s a great place to bring your family and pets to munch on some fresh Florida goods. If you make it to the market, be sure to check out our favorite stops!
Our Top 5 Favorite Vendors at the Winter Garden Farmers Market
1. Nisha’s Flavors of India– This booth has absolutely amazing flavors! We always grab a Paratha Dip and a Cilantro Peanut Chutney. If you spread both on some of their fresh naan bread, it is delicious!
2. Mr. and Mrs. Pickle– There are so many flavors to choose from, but our favorite here is the bleu cheese olives!
3. Tia’s Chips– The absolute best plantain chips around. These are sliced super thin and cut into strips instead of rounds. They are crispy and salty, a delicious snack!
4. Produce– The biggest selection of produce is found under the outdoor pavilion! You can find all sorts of fresh Florida fruits and veggies here for great prices.
5. Honey Caramels– this booth is offering up some seriously delicious treats! We love their caramel corn and sea salt caramels.
The Winter Garden area is continuing to grow, with new home developments and retail spaces being built. If you find yourself in the market for a new home, Winter Garden is a great area of town to check out. In addition to historic homes, there are newer builds, and the area is great for families of all ages. If you think Winter Garden may be right for you, contact Daniel at 407-496-2984 to set up a showing, or get more information at our website HERE.